Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Draper Concert To Continue

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54512569-78/concert-draper-walker-money.html.csp

Here is a link to a story where a Christian concert by Michael W. Smith in Draper is put on despite lawsuit threat.

I have to say I am thankful that the city of Draper has decided to allow the concert to go on...on July 24th. Even though I don't live there, I think it's great that the city government has taken a stand for what is right! Kudos to Draper!

I also have to say that I am getting sick and tired of athiests and non-believers complaining about a religious event taking place!  I seriously cannot stand athiests and their behavior! They need to quit belly-aching when we Christians practice our right of praciticing our religion!  If they do not like us practicing our faith, those non-believing athiests need to move to another country like Cuba or China or North Korea which are athiest countries! 

I know I sound harsh.  But goodness! I am getting sick and tired of non-believers spewing out their venom! Ugh! 

As a Christian, I know I should love ALL people! And I really do try to.  But I am tired of us Christians being persecuted for our beliefs.  I am tired of everyone else: gays, athiests, etc...having the right to say things and do things and then us Christians being denied such rights! 

Thanks for listening!  I just had to get this off of my chest! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that the concert is going on after all! I agree with you! I personally have been accused for "being offensive and forcing my beliefs" when I never forced anyone. Someone (a non believer) asked me a question about Jesus and I answered it as honestly an I could. I mentioned before that I am very open with my faith and belief, meaning that people who know me know that I am a strong believer, but I have never forced anyone and people get offended for no apparent reason. I think it's easy to put Christians in a box full of hypocrites because, well there are quite a few who embarrass us like those who protest concerts that have nothing to do with them. But what non believers don't realize, is that they are just the same way!

    What people don't understand is, the fact that this world is so diverse, it allows us to fight over things such as difference of beliefs. I don't expect everyone to follow Christ, that's just the way life is. I just focus on myself, my family, and those I care for. Also, those who are interested in knowing Him. One time I was visiting the community college that is across the street from my university. I had a shirt with a Bible verse on it, and I was asked to wear a jacket over it because it might offend people. I understood, so I did that, but what baffled me is that there was a man who had a shirt with song lyrics with swear words, but no one said a word to him! But the important thing is, that we don't let that stop us! :)

    ReplyDelete