Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Here I Am

Last night, I watched the 1st episode of my favorite show "Christy" on dvd. That's such a Godly show. IN the 3rd chapter of the show, there a prayer Christy prays to God that always speak to my heart each time:

"Dear God,
When I came here, maybe I was partly running off from home for fun and adventure. But I think You've had something else in mind. What I am trying to say is: If you can use me in this cove, well here I am".

I have been here in Minnesota almost 10 years now (Sept 2012 will mark my 10th anniversary of moving here). This prayer of Christy's still remains my prayer to this day. "God if you can use me in Minnesota, well here I am".

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were in Minneosta for that long already! That's a great prayer. I think you can use that metaphorically in life too. We have all gone our own direction and sometimes it's probably not what's best for us, but it is what it is, and we can still make something out of it. I could definitely relate to that! I'm pretty sure I was meant to go in a different direction in life and I messed up things royally! haha but there's no point in looking at what could have happened. Just focus on where you are and how God can use you right where you are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! God can use us whereever we are! I can't believe it's been 10 years already! Time sure does go by fast!

      Delete
  2. Great prayer! God can use us where we are :) Coming to Minnesota was a big leap of faith for you, but look where it brought you! You are now married, have kids, have a job that you like, and are part of a great church! Isn't it weird thinking about your future and wondering where you'll be? I should make a list of things I'd like to do and maybe a few years from now, see how many things I've fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great prayer! and yes, God can use us wherever we are! Yes, coming to Minnesota was a huge leap of faith! Despite some hard times, God has really blessed me through the move! If I had made one different choice, i would not have been in Minnesota! It started with me responding to a penpal ad in 7 Ball Magazine to another girl named Rebekka in California. She gave my name and address to my wife Becky thru a friendship book. If I hadn't answered that ad, odds are, I would never have moved to MN!

      Yes, you s hould make a list and check back to it in a few years.

      Delete