Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Avalon: "Faith: A Hymns Collection"

Courtesy: Avalon

This first hymns collection by Avalon was released in 2006. The four member group decided to approach this album differently than their other albums.  They decided to record the hymns as duets. And the result?  It's awesome! 

Here are the highlights:

1.  The Solid Rock- Avalon starts out strong on this opener!  It's a reminder that all other ground besides the solid rock of Christ is sinking sand!   I love this verse and chorus: "
When darkness seems to hide His lovely face, /I rest on His unchanging grace./In every high and stormy gale,/
My anchor holds within the veil./On Christ the solid Rock I stand,/All other ground is sinking sand;/All other ground is sinking sand" (Maxi Lyrics)

2.  I'll Fly Away - This is by far my all time favorite hymn!  And Avalon does a fantastic job in delivering the hymn!  If you close your eyes, you can see yourself at one of those Tent Meetings and dinner on the grounds!  Here are the lyrics (courtesy of: Maxi Lyrics):

"Some glad morning when this life is over,
I'll fly away.
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away.

I'll fly away, O Glory, I'll fly away.
When I die, Hallelujah, bye and bye,
I'll fly away.

Just a few more weary days and then,
I'll fly away.
To a land where joy shall never end,
I'll fly away.

I'll fly away, O Glory,
I'll fly away.
When I die, Hallelujah, bye and bye,
I'll fly away.

I'll fly away, O Glory,
I'll fly away.
When I die, Hallelujah, bye and bye,
I'll fly away"

You can buy this for a very cheap price at Avalon

No comments:

Post a Comment