Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Crystal Lewis "Holy Holy Holy"


Courtesy: Amazon

Crystal's 2nd hymn collection Holy Holy Holy was released in 2002---7 years after her first hymns cd.  Listening to this album is a very enjoyable experience!  Crystal gives a more passionate vocal deliverance on this cd.  There is a mix of traditional and non-traditional renderings of these timeless hymns!

The highlights are:1.  Holy Holy Holy- She sings this song with such awe and respect of God.  I can simply envision her singing before Jesus on His throne!

2. His Eye Is On The Sparrow- A beautiful rendering of this song!  My favorite lines are: "

Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,/When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,/I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;/His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me." (Maxi Lyrics)
3. O Happy Day- This hymn is proclaiming what a happy day it was when Jesus took our sins away!  What an amazing gift Jesus gave to us!  We are no longer guilty, and we get to spend eternity with Jesus!  If that doesn't get you happy, nothing will! :)

4.  O' How I Love Jesus- She sings this traditionally!  She does a great job with it!  I love Jesus so much!  I enjoy singing along with Crystal on this one.  Just read these lyrics (courtesy of Maxi Lyrics):


There is a Name I love to hear,
I love to sing its worth;
It sounds like music in my ears,
The sweetest Name on earth.


[Chorus]
O how I love Jesus,
O how I love Jesus,
O how I love Jesus,
Because He first loved me


It tells me of a Savior's love,
Who died to set me free;
It tells me of a Savior's blood,
The sinners' perfect plea.


[Chorus]
It tells me what my Father hath
In store for every day,
And though I tread a darksome path,
Yields sunshine all the way.
It tells of one whose loving heart
Can feel my deepest woe;
Who in each sorrow bears
A part that none can bear below.


[Chorus]
Jesus love me for the bible tells me so
little ones to him belong
they are weak but he is strong
there is a name I love to hear
I love to sing it's worth
sounds like music in my ear
the sweetest name on earth


[Chorus]


--------------------------
You can buy this cd for a reasonable price at: Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment